I thought I would give you a little more information.
Back in January, I began looking for an over-sized clock for our new living room.
I looked everywhere, found several I liked, even loved, but they were out of my price range.
On a whim, I decided to look in etsy.
It didn't take me long to discovered Jennifer's clocks
(This link will take you to my actual wall clock. It's the 36" linen)
Here's the difference:
When I read what options she had...I asked her to use regular numbers instead of Roman numerals and if she would put our name and the year we were married in place of the other words.
She did it!
I couldn't be happier with her work! It's all hand-painted! No decals or stickers!
It took about 6 weeks...but it was so worth it. We now have a one-of-a-kind wall clock!
Now, about the china cabinet.
I thought I would share a little bit about what I am doing to it.
I decided to take off the glass doors and to remove the back.
This gave it a more casual look, more me and my style.
I then filled all of the holes where doors hung using another of my favorite products: Water Putty.
It fills the holes and is able to be sanded smooth the next day.
I also decided to try the liquid sandpaper technique to de-gloss my cabinet...This is a first for me...And I have to admit...I liked it!
Made my project move much faster!
I just followed the directions and was able to start painting within an hour.
This morning when I got up, I sanded the places where I had filled and added a screen molding to the front to give it a more finished look
I painted it too and now...
I am waiting for the whole thing to dry...so that I can put a few coats of finishing paste on!
There were a couple of places that needed a bit more filling in but it will be a great piece when it's finished.
I love how it now has a more rustic French feel to it.
It's really suits my new dining room...and...I will probably end up keeping it. :)
Well, I think the paint has dried sufficiently, so I am back to work!
Have a great afternoon!