I was outside this afternoon trying to get the finishing touches completed on my little greenhouse and thought you might like to see it before it gets painted!
The weather is turning very Autumn like and I am trying to get a few of the Summer projects wrapped up before it gets to cool for me to work outside.
(I am a Southern girl at heart and don't work in cooler weather well.)
You see...Mr. Bill has went from working 40 hours a week and being home by 4:30 each day to working 74 hours and it's dark when he leaves and returns.
That means...I get to do what I can to wrap up a few things!
and let's just say...I have been quite challenged lately!
The first thing on my to do list was to complete my out building project.
We did decide to rename this little house
Since it is most liklely where I will be tinkering with all sorts of things,
potting flowers, wiring lamps and a million other things I'm sure..
And because I decided to do the roof peak with doo-dads and whatnots from our home renovation.
I thought it would be fun and whimsical!
This entire little outbuilding was constructed mainly with the old doors, windows and millwork I had been collecting from the house renovation.
So...the old doorknobs, faceplates and other miscellany were saved as well!
And what better way to show them off!
I am leaving the exterior for the most part the peely white but painting the pieces that were not white to begin with in a milkpaint so that it will distress in the weather well.
The interior...I am painting a old leather brown to match up with some of the millwork.
And because I have really been loving the Steambunk look and wanted to use that type of things inside.
I am hoping to be done with it by next week sometime and will post about it then.
In the meantime...
Like I didn't have enough irons in the fire...
I decided to redo my upstairs guestroom and sitting area!
It's just crazy!
But I had to spend a whole day swapping out my wardrobe last week when it was raining out.
And to be honest...
I am not sure what happened.
I was just overwhelmed by how much I really didn't like the room and needed to do something about it!
Right that minute!
So...I set up some serious perimeters about how much I was willing to spend and got busy.
And believe me...it wasn't much since these rooms were
and because I tend to be so...much more creative when I have to think outside the box!
It rained for the next two days...So I made some progress!
And starting Thursday...I am going to show you what I did!
Just think Mary Jane Butters meets early 1900's Safari tent.
I can't wait to show you!
It is really turning out to be my favorite all-time project!
I hope you have a Wonderful Week!